Featured on the cover of the Hammacher Schlemmer Gift Catalog (Spring 2015) this is a limited production, 500th anniversary interpretation of Leonardo's automaton. Precision laser-cut from stainless steel, with bronze bearings, this wind-up car uses a mechanism similar to the one da Vinci used in his self-propelled car design of 1478. Includes black granite base, plaque, and custom wood carry case.
- 1/8" (3mm) Stainless steel construction
- Bronze bearings, Rubber tires
- Spring-steel drive spring.
- Wood carry/ storage box.
- Granite base.
- Travels approx. 3 feet (1 meter).
- $749.00 USD. Contact us to purchase.
- Custom-engraved plaques can be made.
- Quantity discounts are available.
Our unique, 21st interpretation of Leonardo da Vinci's 500-year-old car design.